Serological pipets are practically ubiquitous in research labs. Do you use serological pipets every day? If so, do you find yourself thinking “drip happens” more often than you’d like? Does the worry of dripping affect your work? Well, you can alleviate worry when pipetting with Wobble-not™ serological pipets:
- Less worry of drops that will affect accuracy of the dispensed volume.
- Less worry of contamination of samples and/or work surfaces by inadvertent drops.
- Less worry of arm fatigue when having to move slowly for fear of dripping with a wobbly pipet.
Innovative technological design
In keeping with VistaLab’s mission to improve ergonomics for lab scientists, Wobble-nots were created to decrease insertion force into the pipettor’s nozzle. Typically, high force/jamming is required with a “standard” serological pipets to get it far enough into the nozzle to stick. This causes discomfort and stress on user’s wrists and if it isn’t jammed in far enough, there is significant wobbling, which means dripping of liquid. The unique 2-tier design of the Wobble-not plug end is tapered, so there is much less pushing needed to insert Wobble-nots into the pipet controller and maximum stability is achieved with much less force.
The Wobble-not plug end tapered design makes it easier to insert, but the 2-tier design makes it more stable, i.e. less wobbly. This is because there are 2 points of contact in the nozzle with Wobble-not as opposed to just 1 with standard serological pipets. The benefits are compounded with this seemingly small change in the design of a lab tool that had been the same since its initial conception! Less jamming. Less wobble. Less dripping!
Dripping that happens with standard pipets will:
- Cause inaccuracy of your dispensed volumes.
- Be a possible source of contamination when drops inadvertently fall into your tube or well or working surface.
- Cause you to have to move your pipet very slowly from tube-to-tube or well-to-well, etc. to try to avoid drips.
Pipetting with Wobble-nots means less worry:
- Better accuracy and precision with less drips/drops.
- Less contamination of samples and surfaces with less inadvertent dripping.
- Faster and easier pipetting when you can move without fear of the drops (those that form at the tip as you move and the dripping of the ones that do).
See the difference. Feel the difference.
See what a fellow scientist says:
— john y (@hkjawn) November 9, 2020
Find the Wobble-not size and packaging you need for worry-free pipetting!
Check out our special online discount for 2021! Click here!
Less dripping for better accuracy and faster pipetting make Wobble-nots an ideal liquid handling partner for ali-Q 2 when aliquoting samples or reagents!